Wednesday, September 24, 2008

48 Seconds

That's all I ask. That's 1 minute rounded up off of your cell phone plan and it could mean a world of difference. That's all the longer it took for me to call Governor Blagojevich and demand that funds be reinstated to developmental disabilities services in IL. They did not ask my name or where I was calling from. You don't have to live in IL to call and make a difference. Don't know how to pronounce his name? That's Ok.

Dial (217) 782-6830

RIGHT NOW

and say you have a message for the governor. Say you demand that cuts be restored to developmental disability services, and that you want the governor to sign both SB 1103 and SB 790 into law immediately!

STOP READING THIS POST UNTIL YOU CALL

Thanks for calling.

In summary, the Senate voted yesterday to restore many of the Human Services Cuts!!!! THE GREAT NEWS IS A LOT WAS RESTORED!!! Our challenge now is to make sure Governor Blagojevich signs both SB 1103 and SB 790 into law immediately! We are so very close, but if the Governor fails to sign these bills---the cuts will remain. Senator Frerichs "strongly encourages" us to get as many people as we can to contact the Governors' office and insist he sign these bills immediately. There will be a lot of political pressure to use this money for other things. We have to let the Governor know that the people of the state are watching and it is time for him "To Do The Right Thing" and restore the services/supports to our states most vulnerable citizens! Believe me, they will be keeping track of how many contacts they receive. If we don't fight for these funds others will.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen I made my phone call. Can you call more then once? Do you think they have caller id? O-well if this is what it takes to get the message across then ill just keep on doing it!:) Let me know, and how many times I should call, and when to stop. Talk to ya later. Liz

Anonymous said...

I've called and blogged and emailed and called again....fingers,toes, and everything else crossed that our wonderful leader gets the hint soon :)

Anonymous said...

I called and left my message and they said that they will get it across. Whatever that means.
Love ya
Kate

JRS said...

AnonyLizzy, whatever to us, & katie-
I can always count on you guys.