Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Make Your Own 'More Alike Than Different' Poster


click to enlarge

Make Your Own More Alike Poster

Make your family member or friend with Down syndrome famous.

*NOTE: The hardest part for me was coming up with the text. I submitted my photo of Sophie to the National Down Syndrome Congress and immediately received an email with my text and copy of the original photo. This meant it was sent to production (it was a bit confusing, which is why I mention it). Tonight, 5 days later, I received my completed poster. It looks pretty darn good, if I do say so myself. But hey, consider the model.

Send NDSC a photo and your version of the More Alike campaign headline "Who's a better baseball fan, you or me?" together with brief text that answers the question. NDSC will create an 11 X 17 poster using what you send and return to you by email a high resolution PDF of your poster you can take to any printer to reproduce and distribute. click HERE

So, if your friend or family member, loves music, your headline might read: "Who's a bigger Dylan fan, you or me?" If she just graduated it might read, "Who's a better scholar, you or me?"

You get the idea.

And, you can feature anything that seems big - your baby's first steps, your son's Special Olympics gold medal, your daughter's softball single, birthdays, whatever.

They have to ask you to be brief. Use just a few words in the headline and keep the text to no more than 200 characters.

Once you receive your completed poster, print as many as possible and get them out in your community. Take them to your doctor's office, school, community center, church, library and ask that they be posted. You will be amazed at the results!

Contest!

The NDSC will showcase all the posters produced in a gallery on ndsccenter.org. They'll invite folks to check them out and vote on their favorites. Winners will become part of the national awareness campaign for Down syndrome!

No comments: