Saturday, November 22, 2008

Festival of Trees



It's a family day all day. No errands, no chores. This morning we were treated with Duncan Donuts followed by a trip to the Festival of Trees.

Alexander was excited to visit Santa, but here's what happened when it was his turn.

Sophie didn't mind, though she did seem to wonder about the beard.

Afterwards we grabbed lunch at TGI Fridays and picked up a few movies, including Walle, Kung Fu Panda, and a Thanksgiving must-watch, Home for the Holidays. More on holiday movies later. It's time for movies, popcorn, & chocolate. I'm thankful for family days.

4 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

Looks like you had a great day. I love that you were sitting with Santa. I used to be so scared to do that.

Anonymous said...

What a terrific family day! Thanks for the early morning chuckle on the Santa run- that was so funny :)

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

Sounds like a lovely family day - my favorite way to spend my time. My sister used to be terrified of Santa!

Unknown said...

That's hilarious about Alexander. So did Sophie pull down Santa's beard? Did Alexander recover? Sophie looks cute. What a nice family picture infront of one of the trees. I'll take a wallet size of Xander and Sophie cheesing it infront of the tree.
Love,
Liz