Friday, November 21, 2008

A Mixed Tape


Remember the mixed tape? Yesterday, in part to combat a blue mood, I made a new mixed tape. Well, it's electronic, not a tape and it's available to anyone who is interested in listening. It's a compilation of 30 of my favorite Christmas tunes both secular and religious, some quite old and some new. Some done by Elvis, Eric Cartmin, Josh Groban, the Muppets, Otis Redding, Sarah Mclachlan, John Lennon, the Boss and many more. Some will bring you back to childhood, such as Christmas Time is Here - Charlie Brown and friends. Some are certain to conjure up Christmas memories that you may have long forgotten. Some are silly, such as Bob and Doug Mckenzie - the 12 Days of Christmas. Others make me melancholy for those who won't be Home for Christmas, but only in their dreams. I can add to this compilation if you can think of a must-have song I missed or version that's your favorite. Hopefully playlist.com will soon have the new Faith Hill CD - Joy to the World available as there are some good ones there too. I finish off with Auld Lang Syne, a New Year's Eve song that sadly is making it's way out of favor, even on Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin Eve. So take a listen, peruse the songs (you can scroll down on the right side of the player). I'm keeping this playlist on my sidebar throughout the holidays and plan to listen often. Happy Friday.

p.s. Because I futzed with the html coding to shrink the size of the player, it's hard to see the names of all of the songs and artists. Here's a complete track list:
Martina McBride - Oh Holy Night, We Wish You a Merry Christmas - John Denver & the Muppets, The First Noel - Josh Groban, Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt, I'll Be Home for Christmas - Michael Buble, Christmas Time is Here - Charlie Brown & friends, Angels We Have Heard on High - Josh Groban, Blue Christmas - Elvis, The 12 Days of Christmas - Bob & Doug Mckenzie, So This is Christmas (War is Over) - John Lennon, Little Drummer Boy - Josh Groban, I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus - Jessica Simpson, It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas - Bing Crosby, White Christmas - Otis Redding, Swiss Colony Beef Log - Eric Cartmin (South Park), Here Comes Santa Claus - Elvis, It Came Upon a Midnight Clear - Josh Groban, River - Sarah Mclachlan, The Chipmunks Song - Chipmunks, Winter Wonderland - Jewel, Silver Bells - Elvis, Silent Night - Reba McEntire, Santa Claus is Coming to Town - Bruce Springsteen, It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Andy Williams, Oh Little Town of Bethlehem - Elvis, Mele Kalikimaka - Jimmy Buffet, What Child is This (Greensleeves) - Sarah Mclachlan, A Holly Jolly Christmas - Burl Ives, Oh Come All Ye Faithful - Josh Groban, Auld Lang Syne - Barenaked Ladies

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Guys. It's been a long time since I've been able to comment, but my computer has been on the fritz. I check the blog often but have not been able to comment because of a computer glitch. I miss not being able to comment. I'm able to comment now with my sister's help.

Thank you thank you thank you Jenny. I will really enjoy the Christmas music, not only when decorating the tree but as I am in a Christmassy mood or cleaning.

As for the other posts that I've not been able to comment on, I love the family pictures. I do not want to wait. I want them now. I think it's very cool what you're able to do with the pictures. My neice and nephew are beautiful. I absolutely love her dress and bow. And Xander has a handsome outfit too. I love how you all are matching. I'm not gonna want to wait till Christmas to see all of you.

As far as little Miss Sophie's ball pit, I told you she needed one! You were supposed to have it when we came in October. I hope she will get one for Christmas and when we come down later we can have lots of fun.

Alexander sure will love you for posting the bathtub WW post, but it's a classic.

I could sit here and comment for hours to get all caught up but will leave comments as I can. Love and miss you all. As always I'm thinking of you often and check the blog all the time.

Love,
(your sister) Liz