Saturday, November 8, 2008

It's a New Day

(embedding for this video no longer available. Click here to view it)

I went asleep last night, tired from the fight. I've been fightin for tomorrow, all my life. Ya, I woke up this mornin, feelin brand new, cuz the dreams that I've been dreamin have finally came true. It's a new day. It's a new day. It's a new day. It's a new day. It's a new day.

It's been a long time comin. Up the mountain kept runnin. Songs of freedom kept hummin. Channeling Harriet Tubman. Kennedy, Lincoln, and King, we gotta manifest that dream. It feels like we're swimmin up stream. It feels like I'm stuck in between a rock and a hard place. We've been through the heart aches and looked through the darkest days. You and I made it this far, well hey hey, we can make it all the way. And they said no we can't and we said yes we can.

Remember it's you and me together.

I woke up this mornin feelin alright. I've been fightin for tommorow all my life. Ya I woke up this mornin feelin brand new cuz the dreams that I've been dreamin has finally came true. It's a new day. It's a new day. It's a new day. It's a new day. It's a new day. It's a new day. It's a new day.

It's been a long time waitin. Waitin for this moment. It's been a long time prayin. Prayin for this moment. We hope for this moment and now that we own it, for my life I'm a hold it and I won't let it go.

This is for our fathers, our brothers, our friends who fought for freedom. Our sisters, our mothers who died for us to be in this moment. Stop and cherish this moment. Stop and cherish this time.

It's time for unity for and us and we. That's you and me together.

I woke up this mornin feelin brand new cuz dreams that I've been dreamin finally came true. Ya, I woke up this mornin feelin alright cuz we weren't fightin for nothin. And the soilders weren't fightin for nothin. No Martin wasn't dreamin for nothin. And Lincoln didn't change for nothin. And children weren't cryin for nothin.

It's a new day. It's a new day. It's a new day. It's a new day. It's a new day. It's a new day. It's a new day.

by will.i.iam from the Black Eyed Peas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Like the song, love the ideals behind the words...praying for the next 4 years for our country to have 'a new day'-without any innocent victims, not like I want much, huh? Enjoy your weekend!