Saturday, June 21, 2008

EMT Wishes Sophia Happy Birthday

When we went back to Madison to sell our house, we stopped by the fire house to see if we could meet the EMT that delivered Sophia. We learned that Che (the ambulance driver) was serving in Iraq and Bill (who delivered her) wasn't on duty. We left thank you cards with copies of her birth story and link to her slideshow with another EMT. I finally checked the slideshow tonight at OneTrueMedia (since its embedded on the blog I don't often check the original) and found this comment:

William - May 15, 2008 8:21 PM
Sophia, what a beautiful movie star you are! I am the EMT that told your Mom "Don't push!" You were the first baby I ever delivered, and I'm so happy it was you. I have four daughters of my own, and your birth reminded me of my joy when each one arrived. Happy first birthday Sweetheart!


I'm all verklempt! How beautiful was that? What a kind man.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How COOL is that! Sounds like you made them boys (EMTS) happy. Its nice to be thought of, as well as beeing thanked. Liz

RK said...

Very neat guy! How cool that he'd actually look up the story and leave a comment! Sophie was in good hands from the very beginning. :o)

JRS said...

Liz-
Our doula arrived just as we were being wheeled upstairs. In the ambulance bay she saw the guys talking and giving high 5's.
RK-
Good hands indeed!

Michelle said...

Oh wow, that gave me goosebumps! That is super sweet!

JRS said...

michelle-
I know, right. So you're a Wisconsonite? I miss Madison. Thanks for stopping by.

Michelle said...

Yes, we're in WI! I'm sorry to have found you after you left WI! Ruby will be having her eye surgery there, so we'll be making lots of trips. We're up in the Valley area.

I love Madison! It always makes me feel young & carefree.