Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tasty

The Taste of Champaign was this past weekend. After gorging on various foods, the boys went to the inflatable jumping thingies area and Sophie and I strolled through the artists' alley. While looking at a booth filled with prism jewelry, I noticed a young woman (young adult age) with her (mom?) looking as well. She has Ds. I lingered in the booth a little longer; lurking to get a glimpse of what may be our future, listening to catch her speech, watching her walk, observing (out of the corner of my eye) as she interacted. I wondered if the mom would notice Sophie. Would she be able to "tell"? Would we have one of those conversations about Ds without ever actually saying Ds? Mom did not notice, or if she did, she did not comment. The young woman did, however. At least she noticed Sophie as...Sophie. She looked at her, smiled, said "she's SO cute," and then went on her way.

4 comments:

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

I do the same thing when I spot someone with DS!

It looks like fun. I so enjoy those local festival things!!

JRS said...

melissa-
Summer fests...I'm always up for an excuse for fried food! Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

You guys are always doing something fun. Loved the pictures, and what you did with them. Technolgy is so cool! As far as the woman with Ds goes, it just goes to show you how beautiful anyone can be! Love ya Liz.

JRS said...

anonyLizzy-
I loves me this tech-nology!