Monday, February 23, 2009

Week 30

The count down begins!

Belly Shot, Week 30

Today is day 1 of week 30. This pregnancy has been a peach with limited nausea at the beginning and typical back pain and heart burn. For this baby I'm seeing a team of 6 midwives. So far I've met 3 of them and you get whom ever is on call when you go into labor. Weight gain hasn't been bad either with grand total of 8.4 lbs. gained so far. I think it has mostly gone to my back side. I permanently have a bucket of ice cream and cookies attached to my mouth lately and my face is taking on a moon pie fullness.

The tests we've done are to check for anemia (negative) strep B (positive for each pregnancy), and blood glucose for gestational diabetes (negative). I've had an early US for dating purposes and a level II US with a perinatologist at the mid point. We have another scheduled for March. Other than that, I'm in and out of my prenatals fairly quickly. It's a blessing, to be sure, but quite different than my last experience and has taken some getting used to. At the end with Sophie, I was getting twice weekly Non Stress Tests (NSTs) and weekly USs.

Having back pain prior to pregnancy has limited what I can do now. Laying flat isn't possible, sitting on the floor to play and do therapy (ouch!) and apparently certain cleaning activities are a no no. I scrubbed the bathroom floor on Friday and ended up with Braxton Hicks contractions that wrapped around to my back for an hour that were strong enough to draw tears. The fix was a couple of cookies and water, lay on my left side, have Mark apply counter pressure (and encourage him to stop freaking out), plus Tylenol and a heating pad on my back. Guess I'm off floor cleaning duty for a while.

I truly love being pregnant, but month 7 is my favorite. Maybe is a nice basketball size and she makes big enough movements that others can see my clothes dance from across the room. She wallops a punch but is still small enough to move around quite a bit. Months 8 and 9 usually have less movement as they rapidly gain weight and have less room to do gymnastics. She's 2-3 lbs. depending on which source you use, and her eyes may be open.

WARNING:

Bare belly photo, complete with unbrushed out stretch marks and gall bladder surgery scars below. Can't handle it? X out now.

Belly Shot, Week 30

9 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, you look beautiful. Jealous that your hair is so long and yay for you. No more floor duty. Take it easy on the rest of the housework as well. We don't need any early labor.

Just a few quick comments on other posts: As always I practice what I preach. I will be honored to spread the word on March 31st to end the word. Love Xander's bed head. You know I love strawberries, but it makes it even better dipped in chocolate. I've always loved the song "Angels Among Us" as well. And thanks for my precious Valentine's Day card as well. I love it.

Love to all. Hope you're all getting better.
---Aunt Liz

Lacey said...

I didn't mind being pregnant at all either. You look fabulous!

Kristen said...

Jen, you look absolutely stunning! I loved being pregnant too. Enjoy every minute of it!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

You look awesome! And your pregnancy has flown by for me! LOL

Melissa @ Banana Migraine said...

You look beautiful Jen!

RK said...

Dude, you're so way braver than me, that's for sure! You look great, though, so I guess it's not that brave. :o)

I can't believe it's 30 weeks already! It seems like just yesterday you were on the phone telling me that you were "so sure" it was not the month...again. Can't wait to meet little Maybe...

(By the way, I have a friend with a daughter named Maebree, and I always think of that name when you talk of the May ba-by.)

Oh, and let me know when you guys are here next week or whenever...gotta meet up so you can meet Miss K.

Larkinsmom said...

I think you look beautiful - I'd hit on you in a bar :)

Anonymous said...

Words can not express how I feel right now looking at your beautiful face, your wonderful pregnant belly and the glow that surounds you. love, the prairie

Anonymous said...

You and sweet maybe are beautiful- so glad you've enjoyed your pregnancy and how cool that you are off of 'floor cleaning duty'...can't wait to see your newest addition in just a couple more months!