Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tubes

So, we're chillin in the hotel in St. Louis. Early tomorrow morning we check in to SLCH so that Sophie can get the first set of tubes in her ears. I've added twitter back to my sidebar, but as this is such a quick procedure that I may not have time to add anything. Afterwards I get to gobble up the 3 week old Kinlee! (oh, and see her big sis and mommy). I can smell the sweet new baby smells already!

On another note, after being on the waiting list for more than a year, we are going to receive Respite! That's 15 hours a month (40 hours quarterly) of help watching Miss Soph so that I can get housework done, run errands, or (gasp) get out of the house!!! Our regular sitters are under 18, so we'll probably use some of the respite workers that DSC already works with (many of whom are special education students). Our intake meeting is this week and then we're good to go. This is a real blessing for our little family.

Lastly, the elevator in our hotel has a button that simply says, "earthquake." hmmm? Do I really have the power to cause an earthquake simply by pushing that button?

6 comments:

Lacey said...

An earthquake button, thats scary. I have heard a couple times of respite. What is it? and do all states have it?

Bethany said...

Good luck today! And yay on the respite!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the respite-it is a great thing! I know some families find providers that are studying to be therapists and use the time as a parent break/therapy practice for the student...I thought yesterday was Weds all day long and couldn't figure out why you weren't posting up about the surgery,lol! In our thoughts and prayers for today to go well...Snuggle RK's girls from us and say hi to mom too :)

Anonymous said...

Baby...when I see you the earth moves...so maybe if you push the earthquake button I will apear! love, the prairie lol

Anonymous said...

I made your earthquake button photo my new desktop! love the prairie

JRS said...

Thanks everyone. I plan to do a seperate post about Respite services soon. I'm still learning about it myself.